The CIBTAC Aesthetics Diploma is an international qualification for those who would like to focus on learning all about aesthetic beauty treatments. The qualification includes two prestigious certificates, one certificate being CIBTAC Aesthetics Treatments Diploma and the other being the CIBTAC Electrical Epilation Diploma.
Students will be able to perform safe and effective facial therapy, make-up, manicures & pedicures, waxing treatments, and Electrical epilation. During the course, students will use the Dermalogica product range.
On completion of this course, you will be able to gain employment as an aesthetician. This diploma also offers a unique platform for those that would like to specialise further in Advanced Aesthetics (Level 4 and beyond).
These diplomas are approved by CIBTAC and are recognised internationally by over 30 countries.
- Recognise skin types and disorders and take appropriate action in selecting or advising clients about treatments and aftercare.
- Perform safe, hygienic, effective treatments to a commercially acceptable standard and timing in the following areas:
- Adapt treatments to suit the individual client’s needs by analysing information gathered at consultation, including contra-indications.
- Select, use and advise clients about skincare products and make-up for the face, and products for the hands and feet.
- Understand the basic key ingredients in cosmetic preparations.
- Understand the scientific principles of electrotherapy applied to the face and neck area.
- Understand the importance of current local legislation appertaining to beauty employment.
Optional / Extra
- Level 4 Award in core knowledge for Aesthetic practice. This award can be taken at the same time. More details here
- Day Workshop – Eyelash Extension
- Day Workshop – Gel Nail Polish
- A high level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, listening skills, a well-groomed appearance and a mature disposition is an asset.
- Attend an interview with the school principal.
Start date: September 2021
Attendance: Tuesdays & Thursdays.
In addition, Self study (online) is required for related Anatomy and Physiology.
Examination: April (Date to be confirmed with CIBTAC)
Ask us a question: