The CIBTAC Body Therapy Diploma is an international qualification for those who would like to focus on learning all about body therapy treatments.
Students will be able to perform safe and effective body treatments including body consultation, body electrical treatments and body massage and upon completion can gain employment as body therapists.
This diploma is approved by CIBTAC and are recognised internationally by over 30 countries.
- Recognise body types and characteristics and take appropriate action in selecting or advising clients about treatments and aftercare.
- Adapt treatments to suit the individual client’s needs by analysing information gathered at consultation, including contra-indications.
- Perform safe, hygienic and effective body massage and electrical treatments to a commercially acceptable standard and timing
- Select, use and advise clients about body care products
- Understand basic anatomy and physiological systems of the body and the effects body treatments have on them
- Understand the principles of Swedish massage techniques and their effects on the body
- Understand the basic scientific principles underpinning electrical treatments and their effects on the body
- Understand the importance of current legislation appertaining to beauty employment
These are sought after in beauty salons and spas and may represent the skills of the more senior therapist at one of these businesses. As a mobile or self-employed therapist these body therapy skills could attract a wider client base and so provide a good progression route
- A high level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, listening skills, a well-groomed appearance and a mature disposition is an asset.
- Attend an interview with the school principal.
Start date: September 2021
In addition, Self study (online) is required for related Anatomy and Physiology.
Examination: April (Date to be confirmed with CIBTAC)